PKF Advisory Services
Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Services
Expertise to Support ESG Value Creation
Environmental, social and governance (ESG) programs help organizations align their long-term value creation initiatives with their corporate goals. Doing so within a measurable framework that supports accurate and transparent reporting is vital.
Meet The Leaders
An effective ESG reporting program requires a comprehensive strategy that addresses short- and long-term goals, policies, reporting and data management infrastructure. Each of these elements is important in tracking progress towards realizing the organization’s ESG objectives. Meeting regulatory requirements and building transparency throughout the supply chain and with capital allocators, customers and employees are key drivers of ESG program adoption.
An ESG program helps meet stakeholder expectations
and enhances competitive advantage through a
well-rounded approach to risk management.
To support our clients’ objectives, we provide a wide range of ESG services, including:
ESG Advisory Services
- ESG reporting services
- ESG oversight and reporting framework development
- ESG KPI Identification
- Carbon footprint assessment of processes
- Environment, Social and Governance component buildout
- ESG technology selection
- Policy and procedure development
- Project management
Outsourced ESG Office
- Collect data in ESG framework for reporting and measurement
- Create ESG annual report
- Stay abreast of changing trends in ESG
- Deliver ongoing ESG training
ESG Risk and Compliance
- Pre- and post-implementation review
- Review of policy documents and gap assessment
- Review monitoring of ESG goals and metrics
- Review accuracy and completeness of ESG reporting
- ESG Risk assessment
- Pre-acquisition and pre-investment diligence
- Readiness diagnostic
- Independent verification of internal and external reporting
Considerations for Today’s Evolving ESG Landscape
ESG is playing an increasingly prominent role in how companies operate, starting with their Boards’ view of risk management. Now is the time to shift from qualitative claims to quantitative measurement of performance and progress against holistic ESG metrics, which is why we assist clients in taking these essential steps right away:
- Advance Board-level ESG oversight
- Confirm that any public ESG statements can be substantiated.
- Assess ESG-related internal controls to ensure completeness, accuracy and validity of reported information.
- Monitor changes within the ESG regulatory landscape, including SEC ESG reporting requirements, disclosure requirements and whether organizations must report activities under state, federal or global requirements.
- Assess stakeholder expectations, such as investors, lenders, supply chain, customers and employees.
- PKF Advisory LLC is the brand name under which certain PKF North American network firms, independently owned and operated entities, provide professional services in accordance with applicable professional standards. These firms are licensed firms that can provide attest services; however, PKF Advisory LLC is not a licensed CPA firm. PKF Advisory LLC and the North American network firms are members of the PKF International Limited network of legally independent firms and does not accept any responsibility or liability for the actions or inactions on the part of any other individual member firm or firms.