David J. Nissen
"Clients' reliance on us to provide quality and timely technical expertise is always critical. The highest value though, is the guidance and support provided to a business owner as they navigate business transitions. My experience listening to clients and helping them implement solutions related to business succession and acquisition has been the most rewarding part of my 40-year career."
Dave is a Managing Director with PKF Advisory. Dave has extensive practice experience in accounting, tax, business consulting, and attestation services. For 40 years, Dave has worked to develop close relationships with his clients primarily in the manufacturing, automotive, healthcare, professional services, and technology industries. His concentration on strategic planning, business development, and operations allows for long-term and successful focus.
His key competencies include: partner development, contract negotiations, recruitment and mentoring top talent, practice growth management, implementation of quality control processes, mergers and acquisitions, public media relations, establishment of global strategic alliances, new market channel formation, and organizational restructuring.
While Dave's primary role is the leadership of the Firm's business operational activities, he also spearheads the international business development activities of the firm. Dave is a Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA) and Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV) and has testified in numerous business valuation litigation cases.
Professional Affiliations & Civic Involvement
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA)
- Illinois CPA Society (ICPAS)
- PKF International & North America Board Member
- Prairie Capital Advisors, Inc., Board Member
- CPAmerica International, Past Board of Directors, Chair
- Elgin Area Chamber, Board of Directors
- National Association of Certified Valuation Analysts (NACVA)
- Certified Public Accountant (Illinois)
- Certified Valuation Analyst (CVA)
- Accredited in Business Valuation (ABV)
- Illinois State University, Bachelor's in Accounting
- University of Illinois, CPA
Return to directory